Privacy and Email Policy
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
Seattle Film Institute is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We only have access to or collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to complete an online payment.
To be removed from our email list, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Access to and Control Over Information:
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address email@example.com or phone number (800) 882-4734 given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page. Online payments on our site are handled by connecting to PayPal.
We also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Extension Class Registration Orders
We request information from you on our Pay Pal class registration form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (name and billing address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to complete your class registration. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.